Sever Surdulescu, MD
Board Certified in Sleep Medicine
Dr. Sever Surdulescu’s Background and Education
- Dr. Surdulescu (pronounced sur-duh-les-coo) came to the U.S. from Romania after completing medical school in 1992.
- He performed his residency in Internal Medicine at St. Luke's Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio.
- He went on to specialize in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of Cincinnati.
- He has been providing services in this area since 2000.
- Dr. Surdulescu is Board Certified in Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine.
AASM Definition of a Physician Sleep Specialist: “A physician who is a sleep specialist is certified in the subspecialty of sleep medicine and specializes in the clinical assessment, physiologic testing, diagnosis, management and prevention of sleep and circadian rhythm disorders. Sleep specialists treat patients of any age and use multidisciplinary approaches. Disorders managed by sleep specialists include, but are not limited to, sleep related breathing disorders, insomnia, hypersomnia, circadian rhythm sleep disorders, parasomnias, and sleep related movement disorders.”
Roger Austin , PA
Roger Austin, PA-C is a Caldwell County native and has been working in sleep medicine in some
capacity for over fifteen years. He worked in family medicine in Granite Falls for five years and saw
many patients with diabetes, hypertension, headaches, fibromyalgia, and other conditions see their biggest
improvement once he diagnosed and treated their sleep apnea. Later he worked in neurology in Hickory
and continued to treat sleep problems, including sleep apnea, while helping patients with various types of
headaches, seizures and other neurological conditions. Since 2018 he has worked for Lake Norman
Pulmonary and Sleep. He has long believed sleep is a form of medicine that no pill can replace. Roger
graduated from South Caldwell High, ASU, and in 1999 from the ECU PA program. When not working,
or sleeping, Roger likes enjoying the outdoor beauty of the surrounding area, especially Wilson’s Creek,
South Mountain, Linville Gorge, and Grandfather Mountain.
Why Physicians Refer to Piedmont Sleep Center
- Board Certified in Sleep Medicine
- Results back in a few days
- Copays for most sleep studies
- Flexible scheduling 7 days a week